I’m not exaggerating when I say I don’t know how to cook. My mom has been making delicious meals since before I can remember (she’s an angel), and so I’ve never really been needed in the kitchen. But now that I’m soon headed off to college, I want to learn how to make my own healthy and tasty meals.
Since I need to start somewhere, I started from the very beginning. The following three meals are extremely easy to prepare because just in the same way you don’t start solving complicated mathematic problems before you learn to multiply and divide, you don’t start making intricate meals before you learn about different tastes and techniques. So without further ado, here are the three meals I prepared today.
1. Add greek yogurt
2. Add muesli
3. Cut peaches into cubes
4. Add peaches
5. Stir together!
1. Add salt and 2.5 volumes of water to boiling pot
2. Once boiling, add 1 volume of bulgar wheat to boiling pot
3. Let boil for 10 minutes then remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes with the pot covered
4. Drain excess water and add bulgar wheat to bowl
5. Chop onion, tomato and avocado into cubes and add to bowl
6. Cook chicken breast on pan until golden and then add to bowl
7. Stir together!
1. Chop potatoes into cubes
2. Add potatoes, cold water and salt to boiling pot
3. Once the water starts to boil, turn the heat down to simmer and let the potatoes cook slowly (taste to check if they are ready)
4. Drain the water and add potatoes to bowl
5. Take the peas out of their pods
6. Add peas to boiling water and let cook for a few minutes (once again tasting if they are ready as you go along)
7. Drain the water and add peas to bowl
8. Add olive oil and bacon to heated pan
9. Cook until crisp and then add bacon to bowl
10. Stir together!